Saturday, October 4, 2008

Why Start a Blog

Why Blog? Why share my personal thoughts with the world?

It's simple yet complicated to discern the reason for this blog and the coming posts. There are several reasons to start blogging including improving my writing skills, learning to express myself through written word and i plan to use this a long term archive of events of my life for future reference.

i am not that great of a writer. In fact it could use some improvement to say the least. I have in the past written in a journal but throughout adulthood that practice has ceased and I now have to start back writing down my thoughts. As I continue my christian pilgrimage I know that writing and expressing myself will be tantamount to my continual success in ministry. I have to continue to develop the fundamentals of writing in order to perfect the skill. Therefore I'm starting to blog!

I have been told in the past that I'm a non expressive person. As a man I have been taught to avoid displaying emotions and feeling so its hard for me to express myself at times. I am now trying earnestly to better express myself. Let me add that it's not hard to tell how I feel but I am not expressive you just have to see me to know how I'm feeling. I plan to address that through this blog. That's why I'm starting to blog!

I plan to be used by God mightily through His Church and in the community. As the years past and I can no longer recall all the events of my life I want to be able to look back at this blog and recap the places I've been and the events of the ministry of that God has given me. I plan to use this as a tool to one day write my memoirs. This is why I'm starting to BLOG!!

1 comment:

D.A. Thomas said...

Sounds pretty expressive to me! Very nice 1st post doc! I'll be reading!