Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sunday, October 5, 2008

This past Sunday was really great. My wife and I attended two of the services at Beulahland and then traveled to Milledgeville, Ga and attended the 2nd Pastoral Anniversary for a friend of mine Pastor Shedrick D Ellington.

The services were great at Beulahland. We had a very special guest Dr. Bill Crouch of Georgetown College. He came and spoke about the oppurtunities for minority students at Georgetown College in Georgetown, Kentuky. It was inspirational but its sad that I am too old to participate. Pastor Watson preached a sermon entitled "Take the Load Off" out of I Peter 5:7. The message was great and over 15 people united with the church in response to the message.

The Anniversary service was an afternoon service. I would like to say congratulations to Pastor Shedrick D Ellington of the Shiloh Baptist Church in Milledgeville, GA. It started 30 minutes late. I was the Worship Leader for the program and moved it quickly. The special guest was Pastor Derrick Dumas and the Greater Lizzieboro Baptist Church of Macon, GA. He preached a good message out of II Chronicles. Overall the service was meaningful and mindful of time.

After church we went to visit my wife's grandparents. It was good to see them and her grandmother Barbara cooked a wonderful meal that we throughly enjoyed. We actually enjoyed it for two days.

I have to preach this Sunday at Beulahland at the 10:00 am service. I look forward to the oppurtunity and ask for prayers to perform this task.

No comments: