Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday was a pretty good day. Church was good all day. Our senior pastor was out of town preaching at an annual engagement at Metropolitan Baptist Church in Washington D.C. where Dr H. Beecher Hicks is the Senior Pastor. Dr. Hicks came to us back in June and really preached it was an awesome experience. On Sunday I preached the 10:00 am service at our North Campus. I preached out of I Kings 18 "D-Day Decision Day". Two people made a committement to Christ.


After service my wife and I went to dinner at Golden Corral. For those who know I don't eat out on Sunday but this was pretty good because we hadn't cooked and weren't going to. We only saw a few Beulahland members while dining and really enjoyed ourselves. We then went home to take a nap.


We were awoken by the arrival of our neices Kayla (2 years old) and Taylor (4 months). We baby sat while my sister took the rest of the family to the Georgia National Fair in Perry. They came with us to a concert at the church. The concert was entitled "A Step Back in Time". The concert featured some of Macon's finest community choirs from the 70s, 80s and 90s. They included the HV Johnson Singers, Melodic Voices, Young Angelics, Ultimate Choice, Gospel Movement, and HV Johnson Juniors. It was an awesome concert they sung 16 songs but the time flew by. We had a mishap and the memorial candles wax fell on the carpet but we got it up and there are no rements of such today. The day ended as it began in the presence of God.

1 comment:

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

My brother, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I am looking forward to reading your posts about the passions and ideas and convictions about Jesus Christ.

I know your Pastor well, and he knows that I regard him as one of the giants in our profession. I am glad that you have joined with us.

Lance