Sunday, January 4, 2009

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Let me begin this post by saying Merry Christmas to everyone. I pray this holiday season brought with it the joy and peace that our Savior so graciously blessed us with by entering into the human experience. He came to be the light so that we could become the light. I know that we have all and will continue to let our lights shine.
Also let me say Happy New Year. How great is our God. As my grandfather would say, "It's another New Year and I ain't gone, Oh I ain't gone, Oh I ain't gone and I thank the Lord that i ain't God." (Sang with a slow Baptist drag.) Let me say that 2008 was an awesome year overall. It was truly a year of New Beginning for me. i can say that God opened some doors and closed some as well. I was deeply saddened as I transitioned from my home church and will begin a work here in Macon in April of 2009. I am saddened because I left full time staff at Beulahland Bible Church. It was a difficult decision to make and I wrestled with for most of the year but when the time came I had the peace of God. I was told early in ministry that you don't fight the PEACE. When God gives instruction and grants His peace we must walk in the peace of God.
That's pretty much the entire update. My wife and I and about 9 core team members will begin meeting in the next couple weeks and begin planning the process of the church start. We are excited but I must admit I am very afraid and I know the Word. We are still members of BBC but will transition sometime in late March. So Rehoboth Family Worship Center will be coming soon to Macon, GA.

3 comments:

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Minister,

We will praying for your transition into another avenue of ministry. We believe that God has great things in store for you and the people of Macon. God Bless.

Keep running,

Owens

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Brother, I too am praying for you and your transition. I urge you to remember that if God brought you to this point, he is certainly able to bring you through it. Stay the course and most of all, trust God's Word and watch your situation expand.

Lance

D.A. Thomas said...

Hey bro, how are you doing? How is the church? I am glad to find out this great news! I'll give you a ring. I still hope you have the same number...